When the weather turns cold, my skin care and makeup routine becomes all about moisturizing, simplifying, protecting and wearing as little product as possible. Inevitably, my typically oily skin becomes dry and little dull-looking. So, to combat the winter, skin blues, I’ve put together my favorite cold-weather products that will get you safely and smoothly into spring and beyond.
I’m certainly no beauty expert, but these are my tried and true, favorite products. If you’re looking for a new go-to to work into your daily regime, I highly recommend all of these products—you can’t go wrong.
1. Makeup For Ever Ultra HD Invisible Cover Foundation – I’ve been wearing this foundation since just before my wedding 3 years ago and I haven’t had a reason to switch. Although most days I skip the foundation, when I do need a little extra coverage this is my go-to. It covers all my problem areas and it isn’t too heavy or thick.
2. bareMinerals Perfecting Face Brush – I love the way this brush gives my foundation a perfectly smooth application.
3. Dr. Jart+ Premium Beauty Balm SPF 45 – I’ve been wearing this BB cream for years. Most days I only wear this. Plus, I love that is has SPF—which is important every day, even in the winter.
4. Clinique ‘Chubby Stick Baby Tint’ Moisturizing Lip Color in Coming Up Rosy – I’m not big on lip color, but that’s why I love this tinted, moisturizing balm. It goes on so smooth, gives a pretty hint of color, and it leaves my lips feeling hydrated.
5. Fresh Sugar Nourishing Lip Balm Advanced Therapy – My lips get so chapped in the winter—a common problem, I know. This Fresh lip balm helps turn cracked, dry lips into smooth and soft ones. I put it on right before bed.
6. Clinique Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief – I first tried this moisturizer as a sample. And, as soon as I ran out, I rushed out to buy more. It’s a refreshing, lightweight gel and it feels so good going on. It’s great for the winter months.
7. Rita Hazan Ultimate Shine Gloss – I’m all out of this hair gloss right now and I’m desperately missing it. It comes in a foam and you smooth it on after washing your hair, let it sit for a few minutes, and rinse. The result is super shiny and soft hair. In the winter my hair can turn dull and little lifeless—this is a quick fix!
8. Brooklyn Herborium Sense & Sensitivity Mineral Mist and Nourish & Replenish – This powerful mineral mist duo is like a breath of fresh air for your skin. They cool, hydrate, and promote a more even skintone—all things that are super important to me, not only in the winter, but all year long. You use a few sprays of the mineral mist first, and then apply the Nourish and Replenish Oil or put equal amounts of both (about 5 drops and 5 sprays) in your palm, rub them together and then apply to your face. Bonus, Brooklyn Herborium is one of the coolest skin care lines I use—their holistic skincare products make you feel like you’re treating your skin to something extra-special.
9. NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer – This is a great concealer for winter, it’s not too heavy or thick, but the coverage is still strong enough to cover any blemishes and brighten under your eyes.
10. Anastasia Beverly Hills Mini Duo Angled/Spooley 7 – Besides nourishing my skin, the next most important step in my skincare and makeup routine is filling in my brows. I’m telling you, it makes a HUGE difference. I love this brush to get the job done.
11. Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Powder Duo – I use this powder to fill in my brows. I’ve tried other products, but I always feel like powder gives me the most natural look. Plus there are so many color options you’ll no doubt, find the perfect color combo.
12. Fresh Soy Face Cleanser – I use a few different cleansers. This is one I always seem to go back to. It feels gentle on my skin, but still gives me that so-fresh and so-clean feeling.
13. Benefit Roller Lash – I’m on tube number 4 of this stuff. It gives my lashes a really nice curling effect which helps open up the eye. I really like the brush too—it reaches all my lashes for an even coat.
14. NARS ‘Hot Sand/Orgasm’ Blush & Bronzer Duo – In the winter, I try to put away the bronzer and focus on a rosy glow. You can only find this blush duo at Nordstrom. I’ve worn NARS blushes in the past, but this pair has them all beat. It’s the perfect combination to give my skin a little life, glow, and color during the winter.
15. Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder – I actually try to avoid powders in the winter, but that doesn’t mean I skip setting my foundation. This translucent powder keeps everything in place all year round.
What are some of your skin and makeup regime must-haves? Share in the comments below!
See you next Friday! xx, Devon