Hello, fall! You beautiful time of the year, you. I know I’ve said it before, but fall is my absolute favorite season and yesterday marked the beginning of it. Don’t get me wrong, summer can be great—a time to get outside, enjoy the sunshine, maybe take a vacation. But fall offers cooler weather (read: less sweating), cozier clothing (read: clothes that hide “things”) and pumpkin everything (read: yum). So, fall wins.
Over the next few weeks I’ll be posting a Hello Fall series to celebrate all the best things this wonderful time of year has to offer. But, before we get into that, I’m sharing with you my favorite drugstore beauty finds. I love a long stroll around Sephora. (Because let’s be honest, a trip to Sephora is never short.) But, I don’t exactly love how much I usually spend there. (Because let’s be honest again, you went in for one thing, but you found ten others that you needed.)
Some of these budget-friendly products, like items 11 and 13, are tried and true favorites that I’ve used for years and years. And others, like items 17 and 15 are new finds that are fast becoming go-tos. The best news is that all of these products are under $11! The most expensive item on this list is number 14, the foundation—but, it’s hard to find a good quality foundation for any less AND it’s still under $11. You can find all these items at Target, and most of them at any other drugstore.
- e.l.f. Eyeshadow Palette – Mad for Matte | I’m a big fan of the Urban Decay Naked eyeshadow palette, but this similar version by e.l.f. has more colors that I use for everyday and it’s a fraction of the cost.
- L’Oréal Paris Magic Lumi Highlighter – Fair 860 | This is another big savings dupe in my makeup bag. Mister Light highlighter by Givenchy is amazing, but you can easily get the job done with this much more affordable, highlighting pen from L’Oréal.
- Simple Kind to Skin Cleansing Facial Wipes | I love washing my face with my Clarisonic. It’s one of the best parts of the day. Is that sad? But, sometimes, especially since having a baby, I’m just too tired to go through my normal cleansing routine. That’s where these Simple wipes come in handy. They take off all your makeup and leave your skin feeling clean and refreshed.
- Revlon Powder Blush – Mauvelous | In the summer I usually wear bronzer for color, but when fall rolls around I like to transition to blush. This blush is the perfect shade and offers just the right amount of rosy.
- SUAVE Kids Purely Fun Detangler | Yes, I use a detangler made for kids. But, it gets the job done, smells good and it’s inexpensive!
- Neutrogena Oil-Free Eye Makeup Remover | A little bit of this stuff on a cotton ball and you can say goodbye to mascara, eyeliner and raccoon eyes the next morning.
- Rimmel Exaggerate Eye Definer – Blackest Black | I don’t have strong opinions on eyeliner—they’re all about the same in my book. But, I usually tend to gravitate to this eye defining version from Rimmel. I really like the blending sponge on the end too.
- Maybelline Baby Lips Lip Balm | The clear version of this balm is a great moisturizer—it’s not sticky and it leaves your lips feeling smooth and hydrated.
- Sonia Kashuk Blending Sponge | I love beauty blenders—especially for my under eye concealer. There are a lot of affordable versions now, like this one by Sonia Kashuk for Target. You can also find them at T.J. Maxx and Marshalls.
- essie Nail Polish – Berry Naughty | This rich burgundy nail color is perfect for a fall mani or pedi.
- TRESemme 24 Hour Body Finishing Spray | This is my all-time favorite drugstore beauty product. I’ve been using it for about 10 years now. It’s hands down the best hairspray and finishing spray I’ve tried. Trust me when I say, if you’re heat styling your hair and hoping it doesn’t fall flat, you need this finishing spray in your life. It offers just the right amount of hold and a ton of volume. Unfortunately, it’s hard to find in stores but you can always buy it online. Do it.
- e.l.f. Studio Contouring Blush & Bronzing Powder – Turks & Caicos | I still don’t really know how to contour. I’ve watched plenty of YouTube how-to’s though and it seems using a powder is the easiest method for beginners. I tried this blush and bronzing contouring duo and it seemed to get the job done. I think? I’ll have to find a different option or color combo for fall though.
- Rimmel Stay Matte Powder – Transparent | I’ve used this pressed powder for a long time. I tend to have oily skin, so the matte finish really takes care of unwanted shine. It comes in a lot of shades but I just use the transparent version.
- L’Oréal Paris Infallible Matte Foundation – Shell Beige 102 | I’m convinced that I’ve tried just about every drugstore foundation. When I’m willing to spend a little more money or if I’m going somewhere special, I use Make Up For Ever’s HD foundation. But, for everyday purposes, Infallible Matte is perfect. It offers great coverage and doesn’t feel too heavy.
- Maybelline Color Sensational Vivid Matte Liquid Lip Color – 10 Nude Flush | Word around town is that these matte liquid lip colors are a great dupe for Kylie Jenner’s popular lip kit colors. I usually like a more glossy finish but this matte color goes on smoothly and doesn’t dry out my lips.
- L’Oréal Paris Double Extend Mascara – Blackest Black 575 | This is the best drugstore mascara. There, I said it. The primer lengthens your lashes like none other.
- L’Oréal Paris Pure-Clay Mask Detox & Brighten | I included this face mask on my Friday Favorites post a few weeks ago. It’s worth mentioning again though. I’ve been using it 3 days a week and I love the way it makes my skin feel and look. It’s a great substitute for those pricey masks you can buy at Sephora or department stores.
- L’Oréal Paris True Match Concealer – Fair/Light | A great concealer is one item I’m willing to splurge on a little. Lately I’ve been using IT Cosmetics’ Bye Bye Under Eye, and NARS is a tried and true favorite. If I’m going to go the drugstore route though, this True Match concealer by L’Oréal is the best I’ve found. It covers and blends nicely.
Enjoy the first weekend of Fall. See you next Friday! xx, Devon