As I sat down to write this post, I was really struggling to find a way to summarize the past year. It’s not easy to do, considering the many experiences, emotions, changes, ups and downs a person can go through in 365 days. I feel thankful that while there were some really tough moments where I felt sad, unsure, or scared, there were equally as many wonderful and happy ones. And, regardless of all of them, here we are again, another January 1st.
The older I get, the more I find New Year’s Eve to be a little overrated. Don’t get me wrong, sequins are fabulous—I’d just rather wear them on my couch. However, I do love the idea of a new year—a fresh start, a clean slate, a new beginning. There’s something so reassuring about the fact that, no matter what happened last year, good or bad, we get the opportunity to try again, to be better, to make new resolutions and hopefully stick to them…or not. (No judgment here.)
For some NYE inspiration, I started going through all my pictures from 2015, and here’s what I realized, (besides the fact that I have 12,000+ pictures on my phone…I know, it’s a real problem) last year was full of some really exciting things. Here are just a few of my highlights and pictures from 2015.
Highlights From My 2015:
- Celebrating my sister’s 21st birthday in Atlanta, GA
- Traveling to Austin, TX for my sister-in-law’s bachelorette weekend
- Turning the big 3-0.
- Starting this blog, Hello Friday!
- Celebrating the weddings of family and friends
- A Trip to Napa & San Fran with my best girlfriends to celebrate our 30th year
- A summer well-spent in Chicago
- Attending Create & Cultivate
- Moving to Charlotte, NC
Happy New Year, Friends!
See you next Friday! xx, Devon